HOW DID I EVEN GET AN INGROWN HAIR?
Razor bumps and ingrown hairs are very different. Ingrown hairs usually occur when a hair has been cut too short and retracts back into the hair follicle; this causes the hair to curl back into the skin while growing rather than passing through the skin's surface. As it continues to grow under the skin, a bump will appear as a sign of injury.
The best time to release an ingrown hair is after a warm/hot shower in the area. The water softens/conditions the area while the steam expands the hair and pores. You'll see that the razor or ingrown hair bump has enlarged, making the trapped easier to lift out (in the case of razor bumps) and extricate (in the case of ingrown hairs). Our next post will discuss more on how to treat ingrown hairs in the next post. For now here's a visual guide that explains the 3 most common bumps that can occur after shaving.
HOW TO GET RID OF BACK NECK BUMPS?
Bumps at the back of the neck, just above the lower hairline: how are they caused?
After years of painful injections to the scalp, bottles of antibiotics prescribed by expensive "Park Avenue" dermatologists, I discovered–ON MY OWN–that the culprit of my back neck bumps was my diet. A few weeks after I eliminated processed breads, my skin cleared up. In this video, I share what I have discovered. Here's the "popular" claim: From Wikipedia article on skin bumps: A related condition, pseudofolliculitis nuchae, occurs on the back of the neck, often along the posterior hairline, when curved hairs are cut short and allowed to grow back into the skin. Left untreated, this can develop into acne keloidalis nuchae, a condition where hard, dark keloid-like bumps form on the neck. Here's the Wizker Man's claim: Back of the neck bumps are cause by our diet. You may be allergic to either Wheat, Gluten, or both. Eczema, Psoriasis, are just a brief list of the skin conditions.
From the book "Grain Brain" by David Perlmutter MD… http://amzn.to/1LuOqnT Inflammation is increased with high-carb low-fat diets: Many modern chronic diseases have a common denominator of inflammation – and high-carb low-fat diets can lead to inflammation. Gluten is dangerous: Gluten is a modern poison – the grains we eat are not the same as our ancestors ate, and they are more addictive than ever. As many as 40% of us can’t properly process gluten, the other 60% could be in harm’s way – gluten sensitivity is linked to neurological dysfunction. Here's the challenge: Eliminate all wheat and foods containing gluten: Gluten grains – barley, kamut, rye, spelt, triticale, wheat (and wheat germ) Oats and oat bran (unless certified gluten-free) Grains cracked or made into flour – bulgur (and tabbouleh), farina, graham flour, semolina Gluten-containing cereals Pasta, couscous, noodles – including whole-grain and whole-wheat forms Breads and breadcrumbs, including matzo Pastries and baked goods (Unfortunately) THIS IS BUT A PARTIAL LIST: A complete list of 'Foods to Avoid' can be found on: http://www.chewfo.com/diets/grain-bra...
Frequently Asked Questions (brief list)
1. Do I have to become a vegetarian?
2. How do you find Gluten Free Foods or snacks in your region.
3. How can I stick to the lifestyle when my food environment doesn't support it? – Food desert; make small substitutions, and read ingredient lists (if you can't pronounce it, denounce it).
4. How do you know whether you are Gluten Intolerant?
5. Are you ready to upgrade your complexion? A gluten challenge is an exercise to help show if a person has a gluten sensitivity by intentionally consuming gluten after a period of being gluten-free. Example: eating one or two slices of regular bread for seven to ten days to eating gluten foods for up to three months. 6. Read "Wheat Belly" by William Davis… http://amzn.to/1k2DuVm 7. Ingredients that are often code for gluten:
– amino peptide complex,
– Avena sativa, – brown rice syrup,
– caramel color (frequently made from barley),
– fermented grain extract,
– Hordeum distichon,
– Hordeum vulgare,
– hydrolyzed malt extract,
– hydrolyzed vegetable protein,
– modified food starch,
– natural flavoring,
– phytosphingosine extract,
– Secale cereale,
– soy protein,
– tocopherol/vitamin E,
– Triticum aestivum,
– Triticum vulgare,
– vegetable protein (HVP),
– yeast extract
Full video here
Want help for how to avoid razor bumps and ingrown hairs? You've come to the right place.